Friday, March 12, 2010

spiral


I opened my first exhibition tonight. It was great. I met so many amazing, supportive people and I've decided curatorship is definitely something I would like to pursue as a career in the future. The wonderful madison created the illustration for the invite. She's incredible, really.

HSC at the moment is killing me slowly. All I want to do is paint and dream, dream about travelling of course, but also life after year 12. I'm excited about uni, studying art history and curatorship, perhaps fine arts, meeting creative people with visions bolder than my own. There's an extensive list of things I want to do once the HSC is over, it seems to be growing every day. Save for tonight, which, have i mentioned, was really really great, its as if my life is on hold. It will be over, they tell me, before I know it, before I want it to be over. But I can deal with that.

A girl I met today has founded 'South Coast Art Club' for young artists and enthusiasts to get together and mingle. I think it's a great idea. I'm envisioning large scale collaborations, in the streets perhaps. There's definite potential in this area, it's exciting.


No comments:

Post a Comment