Friday, March 12, 2010

viktor and rolf


I've always loved them. But this show has transformed my love into a slightly disturbing form of obsession. My mind's still polarised; is it art or fashion? Whatever it is, it's unbelievable. I wish I could have been there to witness such an embodiment of genius, of pure innovation.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm also digging Corey Corcoaran's new work for his exhibition 'Half Life' at the fivesevendelle in Boston massachusetts . I simply love the colour and texture; It's the kind I want to incorporate in my major work.

"Through paintings, mixed media, and site-specific installation, Corcoran creates dense visual ecosystems. Using everything from plaster to watercolor and faux fur, his landscapes teeter on the edge of collapse and fruition. Half-dead bodies fill these transitory spaces as gods of destruction or biological fodder for its change. Color, texture, and pattern act as the primordial soup from which the notion of progress and finality may arise."



No comments:

Post a Comment