Sunday, September 4, 2011

figuration now.

My inhabitable body, Del Kathryn Barton


So, once again, I've decided to start blogging again. I'm not sure If I should keep this site or start something fresh? But I need something right now to type up, (as opposed to write down?) my thoughts. I'm not fussed about followers or comments, I'm just hoping that by unscrambling these thoughts and aspirations in my head, everything might become a little more clear. Maybe.


I'm stressed at the moment. I'm worried because, as stupid as it sounds, I'm nineteen and I have no idea what I want to do with my life. There's several things that I know my life needs to revolve around, I'm just not sure yet how to combine them- creativity, sustainability and travel.


Creativity- art, design, literature, music...


Sustainability- environment, developing countries, volunteer work, greening our everyday lives...


Travel- Europe, Asia, working, new cultures, inspiration, challenges...


all ways, Del Kathryn Barton


I'm beginning to think that instead of narrowing these passions of mine through study, I can share them, transform them, nurture them, and use them here on this blog. I want to stop worrying about the future. I want to appreciate these days of my youth, as cliched as it sounds, and at least try to live in the moment. And by doing so, perhaps this is contradictory, I'll stumble upon a more definitive path to my future.


Right now, I'm frustrated by the idea of university. I can't choose what to study because I feel like I'm narrowing my options. If I choose bachelor of arts I don't feel like I'm fostering my passion for sustainability and that my career prospects will be low. If I choose to Environments I feel I've ignored my love for all things creative and arts based. I'm currently half way through my first semester of an arts degree and I'm not happy. I love my art history subject, I'm not a fan of my communications subject, and I love love love my environments subject. I can't choose, I don't want to have to... 


And so because of this uncertainty, I feel like I'm wasting my time at uni. Perhaps I should just pack up, leave and travel until I know what to do. I don't even know if I could go travelling right now. I've just found the most amazing boy and I'm not ready to leave...


At the moment, the plan is to switch to environments next year, at least for a year. At the moment, I'm finding the idea of architecture really interesting, so perhaps I'll follow that path...


I came into myself | and faraway I am there too, Del Kathryn Barton

No comments:

Post a Comment